Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday Hiking at The Great Meadow

We met another homeschool family for a nature hike today at The Great Meadows. It was a great spring day and my son and I really enjoyed it!
Here is a bug we saw, there were actually many of them. They were flying low to the ground. They looked like a cross between a bee and a fly.
Here is one of the ground burrows they were protecting.
A cool mound that reminds me of a Fry Guy from Micky D's He just needs eyes and skinney legs with striped socks!
A close up of the moss.
Beautiful Spring Skies!
A Mallard pair. (Yes, there is a female in there.)
I shall conquer!
Now I know where the idea for TREANTS came from!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christy, you are truly gifted. Your photos and blogs are wonderful! Your sister in Christ, Lauri