Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am truly grateful this Thanksgiving.

Even though we will not be with family...
Even though that includes my oldest 3 boys...
Even though the economy looks bleak...
Even though we live 1000 miles from our nearest relatives...
Even though we live 3000 miles from the most distant relatives...
Even though I miss having my boys terribly...

I am truly grateful this Thanksgiving!

Because I serve a Great God...
Because He has healed my broken heart this past year...
Because I have a loving husband...
Because I have 4 awesome boys whom I am very proud of...
Because I have some wonderful friends who laugh and cry with me...
Because I will be spending the day with some of those friends...
Because God provides for ALL of my need...
AND...
Because I learned the meaning of Matthew 22:39 this year...

Matthew 22:39 And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'

I discovered that to love my self is a godly thing to do. I never understood this verse in the Bible before. I actually thought it was an awful thing to do. By the grace of God, today I know what it means to love your neighbor as your self., and that is a wonderful gift from my Savior!

I want to pray God's abundant blessing for each of you today! Be blessed and bathed in the love of God this Thanksgiving Day!

No comments: