Saturday, August 2, 2008

New Engalnd Aquarium (NEA)

My sister and her family was in Boston last week. My son and I went into Boston 5 out of 6 days. We took the commuter rail in a few of days and drove and parked at the U.S. Coast Guard station a couple of times. We walked a lot and had even more fun. I hadn't seen her for 8 years. So it was a great reunion and I had the opportunity to get to know hew wonderful kids over the week.


Here our son was watching the penguins. They have 3 or 4 different types there.


Here is my 15 year old nephew, my son, and my almost 10 year old niece. Behind them is a gigantic Loggerhead Turtle.
This guy has been at the NEA since the 1960's. I didn't catch how old he is.
Here is a view of him from the top of the tank. He is about 4 feet long I'm guessing.


The tank is a 3 story tubular tank with a ramp spiraling along it to the top. The kids were totally enthralled with this turtle. There were racing up the ramp trying to keep up with him as he swam around the coral in the center of the tank!

No comments: