Sunday, March 16, 2008

CITL Leatership Training

Our churches had a leadership training we attended Saturday. The speaker was Terry Nance. He spoke on "Running with Your Pastor's Vision."

I am so blessed that we were given the opportunity to hear this man speak. I came away with several "nuggets" of wisdom from the training and I would like to share a few of them with you.
1. The Message bible for Matthew 5:1 (I believe) says, "Blessed are those that live at the end of their rope." To me this means that when I am at the end of my rope God is there holding my grip for me to keep me from falling off, He is there with me and will not leave me, He will bring me to safety in His perfect time, I will trust Him.
2. A mentor is the photograph of your future. This struck me to write in my notes, but I need to pray on it for more revelation.
3. Honor is an action.
4. I was reminded to "Thank God for EVERYTHING!"
5. God doesn't negotiate with rebellion.
6. I am New England seed.
7. Every farmer understands the principle of seed, time, and harvest. If you remove the "time" of the equation, there will never be a harvest! (Why is this such a revelation to me?!) Terry demonstrated this by having one man (seed) stand on his right and one man (time) stand on his left. Each of the three held their hands out at arms length, shoulder high. With Terry (time) in the middle they spread out so they could each touch their hands. As long as "time" was there "seed" could reach "harvest." But if time was removed (Terry walked away) the "seed," and "harvest" were left with a gap that could not be closed (the men standing outside of each others reach.)
8. When you are in transition God will connect the dots! That is awesome...I don't have to do it.
9. Pray for the lost.

No comments: