Friday, February 15, 2008

Namdaemun Gate

I received an email from a friend still in Korea this week informing me of a very sad event that took place on Monday. Namdaemun Gate in Seoul, South Korea was burned down. I just spent over an hour searching my photos from when I was there and I can not find a photo of the gate from while I was there. I can almost remember actually taking the picture, but I can not find it anywhere on my computer. We would go to Namdaemun Market ocasionally and the bus stop was half a block away from Namdaemun Gate. It was very regal. What a shame for the history to be taken away like that. When I find the photo I took I will post it here. Here is another photo I found of the gate in the early stages of the fire. In it you can see some of he beauty that was destroyed.

No comments: