Monday, February 18, 2008

::SNORT::Men & Women Are Different!

Yes, I belong to the "Snorters Anomonous" club! Tonight while we were doing our family devotions my son was lying with his head in my lap. I was noticing the hair at the crown of his head was sticking straight out. And I made the mistake of starting to mess with his hair. He stopped talking mid sentence and lost all track of what he was saying. His dad noticed and said, "Yeah, when mom starts messing with my hair I jump immediately into the 'oooohhhh' (said with a blissfully relaxed expression) box too!" Well I lost it, completely! I wasn't laughing, I was snorting...a lot...for a long time! :) We have read the book "Men are Like Waffles Women are Like Spaghetti" by Bill and Pam Farrel. This is the synopsis from their website.


"In this refreshing, humorous look at relationships, Bill & Pam Farrel explain why a man is like a waffle (each element of his life is in a separate box), why a woman is like a plate of spaghetti (everything in her life touches everything else), and how the differences can work for you."



Pam spoke at our PWOC women's confrence at Youngsan Army Garrison in 2005. She is an awesome speaker. That is where I first got and red the above book. I shared it with my husband and we are always refering to the waffle/spaghetti analogy when we come across a "difference" in men and women. It is very fun, and tonight I obviously thought it was hillarious! You probably had to be there. But their books are great. I have read several.

2 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

::Snorters UNITE!::

Christy, Pam was the keynote speaker at Fall Focus in NC the year I attended. I bought this book and we also found it humours.

De'Etta/SHS

momma24 said...

I was just given this book by my mil-does that mean something?!!

My dh refers to women as ball of yarn thinkers! Same difference I think!