Sunday, January 13, 2008

Heavy Snow Warning

It was a beautiful day here. The sky was clear and blue. The sun was warm. The two and a half feet of snow we got in December is almost gone. This is what I got from The Weather Channel just now:

"...HEAVY SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 7 PM EST MONDAY..."

"SNOWFALL TOTALS OF 8 TO 14 INCHES ARE EXPECTED BY MONDAY EVENING."

"DURING THE HEIGHT OF THE STORM MONDAY...SNOWFALL RATES OF 1 TO 2 INCHES PER HOUR ARE LIKELY. TRAVEL WILL BE HAZARDOUS FROM THE COMBINATION OF POOR VISIBILITY AND SNOW COVERED ROADWAYS."

For those of you that know me well, you know how much I look foreward to the first snow of the year. It is so beautiful, especially here in New England, it floats down and is the same depth over the entire yard. Where I grew up in Wyoming, the ground would be bare on one side of your yard and 6 feet deep on the other side. And rarely did the snow "fall", it whipped! We could receive just a couple of inches of snow and be in blizzard conditions for days! LOL!

Well we've had our first snow and now I'm done. Have I ever mentioned here I would LOVE to live in Hawaii? I tell my dear husband and friends all the time, "I know I could live some where it doesn't get cold!" Hawaii has snow on at least 2 islands, I could go visit the mountain snow once a year and get my "snow fix" and then happily trot off back to the beach! That is my dream, this is my reality!

This picture is of the snow mostly gone from my yard (remember we had 2 1/2 feet) and of the beautiful blue sky early this afternoon.


The second photo is of my 22 year old taking down the Christmas decorations later this afternoon. (Notice the grey skies?) If you asked him, he would tell you he didn't like taking down the decorations.

I know better though, this is one of the few times I actually approve of him being "...up on the roof top..." The snow has finally melted off enough that we could get it all out of the snow.
This next one is of my husband taking to star down from the flag pole.
So, here I sit, waiting for more white stuff to start falling.
Alas, I know this is where God wants us right now. So I will choose to enjoy the snow, however much or little we get.

Stay tuned for the after photos tomorrow!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Wow!! You have such a beautiful home and snow. I can't wait to see if you get more snow. I like snow from a distance.